by Andrew Brett WatsonPublished in IT Solutions
I put a new cartridge in my brother HL-2240D but the light stayed on and I was unable to print. What was the problem? Where is the fix/solution? Eventually brother tech support helped me I can now pass along the solution to getting rid of the toner light if it stay’s on on your brother HL-2240D after you install a new cartridge.
It is important that you know the following; This is not a software solution so it works on windows XP,7,8 etc and also works on OS X.
The fix for the toner light problem is:
1) Turn off your brother HL-2240D.
2) Open the lid where you put in the toner.
3) Hold down the go button.
4) With the go button still held, turn on your brother HL-2240D.
5) When the three lights light up, release the button and then press the go button again twice.
6) All the light should light up.
7) When all five lights light up, press the go button five times.
8) Wait until the ready light is lit.
9) Close the lid.
The toner light will got out. You may need to restart your brother HL-2240D again before you can print.
This may also work on similar brother printers although I haven’t fully tested it. Models might include: